Friday 21 February 2014

Wildboarclough revisited

Dipper 2
Raven 1
Goldecrest 2

My first ever Dipper was at Wildboarclough in the Peak District, an incredible 41 years ago on 8th July 1973, so it was a real pleasure to see them in the same place again today!

Also today, I saw an incredible 50 Mandarins on a pond in a small arable field in Derbyshire! If only I'd had my camera ready, 50 Mandarins in flight against a bright blue sky.... what a sight!

Year 151: (Dipper, Mandarin). I know I said that I wasn't going to keep a year list this year, but last year was my best ever and it took my until the first week in April to get to 151! Who knows where this will end.


These Dippers were displaying. Notice that the closest bird is colour ringed,




Shuttlingsloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment