Tuesday 7 May 2013

Carr Lane Pools, Hale

Garganey 2 males

Year 188


This was only my second ever visit to this site, following the Pectoral Sandpiper on Saturday. I called in on my way home from work, to see two cracking Garganey. Ok, I know the photo of the ducks is awful, but bear with me, it keeps me entertained!

While I was up in the loft getting the camping gear down for the weekend just gone, I came across my old Bushnell Spacemaster telescope. I decided that it was wasted up there and that it would be better spending it's time in the boot of my car just in case I ever needed a scope unexpectedly. Today that decision paid off, and the Garganey were the first birds I had seen through the Spacemaster for several years! A decent quality view as well, not bad at all for the £140 or so I paid for it back in 1983.


No comments:

Post a Comment