Thursday 14 March 2013

The ghost of the cliffs

I had an early morning stroll along the cliffs near the hotel today. It was a morning to really raise the spirits, bright blue skies and flat calm seas. A couple of Harbour Porpoise broke the surface every now and then, whilst out at sea the occasional Gannet drifted past at a leisurely pace, and small flocks of auks scurried here and there. Fulmars floated along the cliff tops in a silent, ghostly way, and Meadow Pipits were parachuting down all around me. Great stuff!

Later we saw 3 Black Resdstarts on a private site and 2 Black Guillemots at Point Lynas. There has been another Black Redstart on Point Lynas, but we only had time for a quick look over the bay for the Black Guillie's.


Raven. Now that's what I call a bill!

 
Plenty of Fulmar activity around the breeding ledges today. They are fantastic fliers.
 

Black Redstart, one of three seen today. I thought about cropping this photo, but I quite like the rock formation so I decided to leave it as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment