Tuesday 29 April 2014

Collared Flycatcher, Mire Loch, St Abbs

Collared Flycatcher 1 ad male
Subalpine Warbler 1 ad male
Lesser Whitethroat 1
Willow Warbler 20
Chiffchaff 20

UK Life: 398 (Collared Flycatcher), Year: 218 (Collared Flycatcher, Subalpine Warbler)

What a stunner!! I have nothing further to add.










Mire Loch. The Collared Flycatcher was in the trees behind the boathouse. Just 10 miles down the road it was a beautiful sunny day, but here at St Abbs the coastal haar was in.



Collared Flycatcher feather. I found it  in the woodland in the area where the bird has been seen regularly, right behind the old boat house. I can't think of many other woodland birds which would have a black and white feather of that size. Great Spotted Woodpecker perhaps? Possible I suppose, but I didn't see or hear any in the area. And where would it fit on the bird? On the other hand it's a perfect fit for Collared Flycatcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment