Saturday 2 February 2013

Cop Pool and Connah's Quay

Finally, the last the bird of the day, a drake Lesser Scaup with a few Tufties and a couple of Pochard on Cop Pool in Flintshire. It was a nice bright end to the day so I was still able to use the scope, and the Lesser Scaup looked good to me, a male with the right head shape, the right size and the correct bill pattern. My 6th Lesser Scaup in the UK. Now I could relax and head home.... err no. Apparently there was a flock of Bewick's and Whooper Swans on the marsh, but it required a 10 minute walk to the view point. Oh well, in for a penny as they say, and off I went. 5pm and I was watching 20 Bewick's Swans with Whoopers in the fading light. And that really was it. No more, it was dark and I wanted me tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment