Wednesday 14 November 2012

Waxwings, but not in St Helens

Spurred on by the sight of 20 Waxwings on Tescos car park in Northwich this morning, I decided to get the bike out this afternoon and do a tour of St Helens in search of a flock locally. I went to all of the places where I have seen them previously, plus a few others, but couldn't find any today. To be honest, the only places that even looked promising were Napier Street and the apple tree between Lidl and Asda. Otherwise, there was very little to encourage me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colin ,i heard there was a small flock of about 20 behind Shevington High school on tuesday and some spotted in Orrel but ive not gone looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they'll get here, it's worth keeping your eye on any trees with berries, but there are precious few of those in St Helens at the moment from what I can see.

    ReplyDelete