Thursday 4 October 2012

Rainford Mosslands

Hobby 1 Dairy Farm Road
Pink-footed Goose 800 Dairy Farm Road, 500 Old Coach Road
Chiffchaff 1 Berrington's Lane, 1 Old Coach Road
Blackcap 1 female Berrington's Lane
Buzzard 1 Old Coach Road, 2 Dairy Farm Road
Siskin 1 heard Old Coach Road
Swallow 3 Old Coach Road
Lapwing 100 Dairy Farm Road

The Hobby was a fantastic sight. I first noticed it because it put up all of the Lapwings and Starlings, but then I watched it as it soared high into the sky and eventually came right over my head. Then it headed off over the pine trees in Dairy Farm Road, before stooping down in classic Hobby fashion towards an unseen prey, before finally landing in the woods. This is the latest Hobby I have ever seen.


The photo is of course rubbish, barely reconisable as a bird, but believe me, it is a Hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment