Friday 12 October 2012

Crossens Marsh and Hesketh Out Marsh

We returned to the Ribble estuary again this morning to retrieve the traps we put down last Monday. It was another nice day, but much breezier than earlier in the week. On Hesketh Out Marsh we saw about 8 Little Egrets and a Great White Egret, presumably the bird which has also been seen at Banks recently, whilst at Crossens we had a nice view of a Merlin.


Hesketh Out Marsh and me trying to pull up a pitfall trap. The mud is so fine and wet and sticky that the traps are sometimes really difficult to pull out of the ground. You can just see the bus shelter hide in the background, and my collegue on the bank who had just noticed that a herd of cattle was heading my way which I was oblivious to! I only noticed them when they were about 10 feet away!

No comments:

Post a Comment