Saturday 2 November 2013

Hesketh Out Marsh

Smew 2 redheads
Goosander 1 redhead
Goldeneye 1
Greenshank 3
Little Egret 5

I'd completely forgotten that these Smew had been at Hesketh Out Marsh for the past few days, and I only called in because I was in the area. They were a great sight and an unexpected bonus, though it was nearly so different. All of the birds listed above were on the same pool, a little distant, and initially I walked past them and didn't even notice! I could easily have left Hesketh Out Marsh thinking that there was nothing there. The Smew seemed to be loosely associating with the Goosander, perhaps picking off fish which the larger bird was scaring.






A couple of digiscoped images of the Smew and Goosander. Give me a break, it was pretty dull at the time and the birds were distant, in fact even through the bins they were just dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment