Saturday 24 August 2013

Inner Marsh Farm

Spotted redshank 5
Greenshank 7
Hobby 1
Avocet 1
Ruff 6
Black-tailed godwit 500
 
In the middle part of the day I had a little interlude from Frodsham and nipped to Inner Marsh Farm for a couple of hours. There was a nice selection of waders on show, and it was particularly pleasing to see species which I hadn't seen at Frodsham, such as spot red, greenshank and Avocet.
 
 
Two spotted redshanks.

Two different spotted redshanks.


I saw this impressive toadstool growing at the side of the footpath. It' not far off the size of dinner plates!
 
I've heard that eventually there will be a footpath from Burton Mere Wetlands to the Inner Marsh Farm hide. I'm sure that will be a good thing, but it would be nice to still be able to access IMF from the old car park, because the walk over the hill and down to the hide is a real pleasure, with great views over the reserve.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment