Saturday 27 August 2011

Billinge Hill

Tree Pipit 1 flew over calling

Wheatear 9

Yellowhammer 20

Sparrowhawk 2

Meadow Pipit 20

Willow Warbler 1 singing

Chiffchaff 3 inc. 1 singing

Whitethroat 1

Buzzard 3

Tree Sparrow 10





The were some dramatic skies around Billinge Hill this morning, and lots of heavy rain in the air, though I seemed to avoid it, and the Beacon itself was largely in sunshine. There were more Meadow Pipits around today, though it's difficult to say if they were the result of local movements or genuine migrants.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the memories Colin, When I was a kid I use to walk with my parents to Billinge lump as we use to call it, and at the right time of year pick blackberries. Also down the road heading for Red barn, there use to be a wooden hut called Shirly Brow cafe, I always had beans on toast.
    Thanks again, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete