Wednesday 10 July 2013

Ryton Wood, Warwickshire

Garden Warbler several singing and family party

Butterflies
White Admiral 4
Ringlets

Great views of the White Admirals as they glided around the woodland rides. They looked really purple, and for a while I convinced myself that they were Purple Emperor, which also occurs here, but in the end I got a decent view of one and they were clearly White Admirals.


Ringlet is a common butterfly just about everywhere apart from Merseyside!


Royton Wood. Notice the ladders and seat on the left of the photo, which I assume is for watching tree dwelling butterflies such as Purple Emperor. That's what I used it for, though I didn't see Purple Emperor! The Orchid is Pyramidal Orchid, which used to grow on the Mucky Mountains in Earlestown, but I've not seen it for years and it's favoured habitat looks too over grown now.


No comments:

Post a Comment