Monday 10 May 2010

A few scenery shots from northern Spain

The scenery in the Picos de Europa is stunning. Here are a few examples.


Two of our intrepid team at Fuente de, still naively believing that they can make it to the 1000ft cliff 3/4 mile in the distance behind them, and that when they get there they will be able to pick out a Wallcreeper. Sadly, one of them has gone so insane due to snow blindness that he still confidently expects to find a snake in this habitat......


Wow!


Only one team member remains alive. Can he dig the snake catcher out of the avalanche?




2 comments:

  1. What an awsome trip, Having always been a mountain man myself I'm very impressed with the pics. But please don't tell me you hiked to that altitude, you put me to shame if you did.
    Great pics by the way, all the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gordon, the Fuenta de photos are at about 6200ft. I'd like to say that we walked all of the way, but I'm affraid we took a cable car! However, as you can see from the photo of the car, the snow was at much lower levels than that and started at about 3000ft.Thanks Colin

    ReplyDelete