Wednesday 10 September 2008

Back on-line!

Welcome to my new Birding in St Helens blog! On this site I'll be keeping you updated on any birds I see in St Helens, plus a few trips further afield. I'll try to post as many photos as possible, but I usually don't take great bird photos.

What a week it's been in St Helens! On Thursday 4th September we had a the boroughs first ever Grey Phalarope at Prescot Reservoirs, following the first Red-necked Phalarope at the same site last year. Now if we could just find a Wilson's we could complete the set! The Grey stayed until at least Saturday, along with an adult Black-necked Grebe.

On the way home from watching the Phalarope on Friday, I called in at Eccelston Mere, to find a stunning (yes stunning!) adult Kittiwake. This bird stayed for three days until at least Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment